Urgent -- pipe import ???

From: Leslie Lu <leslie_y_lu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:46:24 -0700

Hi all,

I sent this last Friday. Maybe not too many people check mail on Friday, so I send it again:

For 815 on Sun5.6, I'm using pipe to import a 1G dmp.Z file, which can be uncompressed to a 9G dmp file:

The directory I issue the following commands has 4G available:

    mknod /tmp/imp_pipe p
    uncompress < arbor_minexp_20010726.dmp.Z > /tmp/imp_pipe &

    imp file=/tmp/imp_pipe parfile=imp.par

The import worked fine for a little while and then stuck in a table with 1048 row, which is not big at all. It stuck there for more than 8 hours until I kill it. (The database is not archived.)

Anything could be wrong? Should I do the uncompress < arbor_minexp_20010726.dmp.Z > /tmp/imp_pipe & in a directory that has 9G free space??? Also I'm not familiar with pipe, could the pipe fail?

Thanks a lot!

Leslie

Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/

Author: Leslie Lu
  INET: leslie_y_lu_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Aug 13 2001 - 11:46:24 CDT