More Partition attached to a synonym.

From: Dave Morgan <dave.morgan_at_cybersurf.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 16:36:11 -0700

Hi All,

        First off I did not receive the digest last night
        so if someone could forward me the digest or resend
        any emails on this topic directly to me it would be greatly
        appreciated.

        In summary, a table partitioned on the first of every month
        had a partition added when using a synonym name in the ALTER TABLE
        ADD PARTITION statement.

        The partition shows up in DBA_TAB_PARTITIONS associated with the
        synonym name

        There is no entry in DBA_SEGMENTS for the partition.

        The partition is currently 800MB in size and holds 15 million rows

        DML and data access on/to the data in the partition is fine.

        from OBJ$, the 2 problem entries and a good one

OBJ# DATAOBJ# OWNER# NAME          NAMESPACE SUBNAME             TYPE#
CTIME
---- -------- ------ ------------- ---------- ------------------ -----
-------
3383              39 IMPRESSIONS           1                        5
29-MAR-01 20817 20817 39 IMPRESSIONS 1 IMPRESSIONS_2001_08 20 23-JUL-01 20578 20943 39 IMPRESSIONS_TAB 1 IMPRESSIONS_2001_06 19 29-MAY-01 IMPRESSIONS is a private synonym (owned by the table owner) for IMPRESSIONS_TAB         I do have a copy of the data, so I can drop the synonym., table and tablespace

        but I am worried about my data dictionary.

TIA Dave

Dave Morgan
DBA, Cybersurf
Office: 403 777 2000 ext 284

Author: Dave Morgan
  INET: dave.morgan_at_cybersurf.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Aug 09 2001 - 18:36:11 CDT