Re: Redo Generation - Excessive ?

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 15:58:02 -0700

Vivek,

Often the only way to tell if a given set of statistics is abnormal is to compare it to the historical record.

These vary by application and it's very difficult to look at a set of statistics and say it's out of line.

There are exceptions of course, but most of us don't spend a lot of time looking at redo stats unless we suspect they are causing a performance problem.

Are you experiencing a performance problem, and do you suspect the redo?

If not, don't worry about it.

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com