FW: karma

From: Larry Elkins <elkinsl_at_flash.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 14:18:01 -0700

Listers,

I'm relaying something from a friend. This is a follow-up to an earlier email where he had problems with DBD. He got that squared away and is now seeing the following when starting Karma.

Anyone have ideas?

Regards,

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl_at_flash.net
214.954.1781

Larry,

I found it in a README file (doh!) - you have to use the latest version of perl (5.6.1) with a ccflag of +z and libraries -lcl and -lpthread. After reinstalling perl, DBD installs fine. Now we are trying Karma. It installs with no errors, but when I start it, I receive the following (know anyone who knows c and perl?):

$ karmactl -s -c basic.conf
main::printHelp() called too early to check prototype at
/opt/perl5/bin//karmactl line 96.

main::startKarma() called too early to check prototype at
/opt/perl5/bin//karmactl line 102.

main::checkRunning() called too early to check prototype at
/opt/perl5/bin//karmactl line 119.

main::refreshKarma() called too early to check prototype at
/opt/perl5/bin//karmactl line 122.

main::stopKarma() called too early to check prototype at
/opt/perl5/bin//karmactl line 125.

main::reloadKarma() called too early to check prototype at
/opt/perl5/bin//karmactl line 134.

main::statusKarma() called too early to check prototype at
/opt/perl5/bin//karmactl line 136.

main::cleanupKarma() called too early to check prototype at
/opt/perl5/bin//karmactl line 143.

main::printHelp() called too early to check prototype at
/opt/perl5/bin//karmactl line 146.

main::get_pid() called too early to check prototype at
/opt/perl5/bin//karmactl line 116.

Missing braces on \N{} at /opt/perl5/bin//karmactl line 363, within pattern Execution of /opt/perl5/bin//karmactl aborted due to compilation errors.

Author: Larry Elkins
  INET: elkinsl_at_flash.net