RE: SGA info.

From: Seema Singh <oracledbam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 10:49:22 -0700

Hermanto
which version of oracle u r running?Just see following output SVRMGR> connect internal;
Connected.
SVRMGR> select sum(value) from v$sga;
SUM(VALUE)

1033101472
1 row selected.
SVRMGR> select sum(bytes) from v$sgastat; SUM(BYTES)

1033044248
1 row selected.
SVRMGR> show sga
Total System Global Area                       1033101472 bytes
Fixed Size                                          73888 bytes
Variable Size                                   537395200 bytes
Database Buffers                                491520000 bytes
Redo Buffers                                      4112384 bytes
If u see all three output you can see the diffrence.The correct view to check size of sga is v$sga.
Hope this will help u.
Thanks
-Seema

Author: Seema Singh