Re: FTP - GET command help

From: Ron Thomas <rthomas_at_hypercom.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 13:30:00 -0700

get ${ORACLE_SID}_FTP_AR_DSN ....

Ron Thomas
Hypercom, Inc
rthomas_at_hypercom.com
"Either lead by example, or become a terrible warning"

                    lannyue_at_yahoo

                    .com                 To:     ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

                    Sent by:             cc:

                    root_at_fatcity.        Subject:     FTP - GET command help

                    com

                    08/08/01

                    01:50 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ORACLE-L

Hello, All:
I can't find any reference about FTP syntax in UNIX shell script. Here is my problem and ask for
help:

On one server, we have couple of SID (this client setup can't be changed). Then in the ( Bourne
Shell ) profile, we have for each SID:

TBAE_FTP_AR_DSN='DS1B.XXXXX1.TIDE.XXXXX' export TBAE_FTP_AR_DSN
-- where TBAE is ORACLE_SID name

PBAE_FTP_AR_DSN='DS1B.XXXXX2.TIDE.XXXXX' export PBAE_FTP_AR_DSN
-- where PBAE is ORACLE_SID name

Then in the standard (one apply all) SHELL SCRIPT, we want to FTP to get the file with dynamicly
changed (SID) file name in the script. I used:  ftp -n $FTP_SITE_ADR2 << ENDFTP
 user $FTP_USER2 $FTP_USER_PASS2
 get ${ORACLE_SID}'_FTP_AR_DSN' $FTP_DIRECTORY/...  ENDFTP
I had try << get $ORACLE_SID'_FTP_AR_DSN' >> or << get '$ORACLE_SID'_FTP_AR_DSN'' >> But all get error message like:
"Invalid data set name "TBAE'_FTP_AR_DSN'". Use MVS Dsname conventions."

I know << get '$TBAE_FTP_AR_DSN' >> will work, but in this case SID has to be hard coded in each
database, and this is not the way we want to go. Is there a way I can get SID variable in the FTP part? (the file name need to be exactly within ( '
) to work properly.

Thanks for your help. Any one can tell me where I can find any the reference will also very helpful.

Helen

Do You Yahoo!?
Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Author: Ron Thomas
  INET: rthomas_at_hypercom.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Aug 08 2001 - 15:30:00 CDT