Re: negative value for buffer cache hit ratio

From: Rama Malladi <rama_at_toyota.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 13:05:43 -0700

Infact one of our production database (8.0.x) has a buffer cache hit ratio of 2% for the last 2 years. All others are about 90%+.

Strange thing is that users are so happy with the performance of this database with 2% hitratio, they do not want us to increase the buffer cache!!

Rama

Author: Rama Malladi
  INET: rama_at_toyota.com