FTP - GET command help

From: Helen rwulfjeq <lannyue_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 12:54:30 -0700

Hello, All:I can't find any reference about FTP syntax in UNIX shell script. Here is my problem and ask for help: On one server, we have couple of SID (this client setup can't be changed). Then in the ( Bourne Shell ) profile, we have for each SID: TBAE_FTP_AR_DSN='DS1B.XXXXX1.TIDE.XXXXX'export TBAE_FTP_AR_DSN-- where TBAE is ORACLE_SID name PBAE_FTP_AR_DSN='DS1B.XXXXX2.TIDE.XXXXX'export PBAE_FTP_AR_DSN-- where PBAE is ORACLE_SID name Then in the standard (one apply all) SHELL SCRIPT, we want to FTP to get the file with dynamicly changed (SID) file name in the script. I used: ftp -n $FTP_SITE_ADR2 << ENDFTP user $FTP_USER2 $FTP_USER_PASS2 get ${ORACLE_SID}'_FTP_AR_DSN' $FTP_DIRECTORY/... ENDFTPI had try << get $ORACLE_SID'_FTP_AR_DSN' >> or  << get '$ORACLE_SID'_FTP_AR_DSN'' >> But all get error message like:"Invalid data set name "TBAE'_FTP_AR_DSN'". Use MVS Dsname conventions." I know << get '$TBAE_FTP_AR_DSN' >> will work, but in this case SID has to be hard coded in each database, and this is not the way we want to go.Is there a way I can get SID variable in the FTP part? (the file name need to be exactly within ( ' ) to work properly. Thanks for your help. Any one can tell me where I can find any the reference will also very helpful. Helen
 Do You Yahoo!?
Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messengerhttp://phonecard.yahoo.com/ Received on Wed Aug 08 2001 - 14:54:30 CDT