Re: SUMMARY: BIG PROBLEM

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 09:28:37 -0700

devil's advocate here. Having worked on budgets, and been management (hopefully NOT damagement) in my career:

full time employees have all sorts of additional costs. consultants can be fired at will. They also hit different budget lines -- non-fixed costs vs fixed costs.

this is not to say that firing a full-timer and hiring a consultant is always the right decision, in fact, it usually is the WRONG one. But for very short-term things, and with downsizing going on, it is sometimes the only option.

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com