Re: negative value for buffer cache hit ratio

From: yong huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 08:41:00 -0700

Interesting. In 8.1.7 32-bit oracle binary, select * from v$type_size where type = 'UB4' tells me it's 4 bytes. So it's 32 bit and the maximum is 4 billion.

Glad to see Jonathan on this forum.

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com

you wrote:

> From: K Gopalakrishnan
>
> Welcome Jonathan,
>
> I think most of the counter are limited by ub4maxval
> and that makes the negative hit ratio.
>
> Welcome again !!!!!!!!!!!!!
>

> --- Jonathan Lewis
> wrote:
> >
> > It is possible that after 4 months your stats
> > have wrapped around the ( ? 64 bit ?) limit
> > value for your platform. Check the actual
> > values from v$sysstat to see if some of them
> > have gone negative or appear to be
> > 'counting backwards'.

Do You Yahoo!?
Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger http://phonecard.yahoo.com/