RE: ORA-12546 TNS:permission denied

From: Sujatha Madan <sujatha.madan_at_cmc.cwo.net.au>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 16:34:44 -0700

Hi,

I am installing a program that requires root to create/alter a database. I know this is not "correct" but there is no way around this. I actually solved the problem by applying 775 permissions to directories higher up in the order. This seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Sujatha

Author: Joe Testa
  INET: teci_at_the-testas.net