Re: OT -- the volume of job postings is way down

From: JOE TESTA <JTESTA_at_longaberger.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 12:00:16 -0700

i dont on purpose its this stupid groupwise software.

but then again i set my email client to either:
1.  use unix client which can ignore all of the stupid fonts.
2.  use netscape and override all fonts to the size i want.

joe

>>> rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us 08/06/01 03:23PM
>>>Why do some of you insist on sending messages in tiny
print.  I have aheadache without trying to read it, so I hit the delete key before I evenfind out that it's something I want to know or know about and could answer.Old age is a bitch...Ruth----- Original Message -----To: "Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L" <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 3:32 PMok so who downloaded the war dialer after that movie and "surfed" for modems:)i did in NYjoe>>>
mwkillough_at_hotmail.com 08/03/01 03:00PM >>>I agree with this. We need some more retro geekiness. We should try to bemore like that programmer in the movie War Games that had to be told when hewas being rude and insensitive.Mike>From: "Kevin Kostyszyn" <kevin_at_dulcian.com>>Reply-To: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>>Subject: RE: OT -- the volume of job postings is way down>Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 09:26:32 -0800>>You know the other problem is that "geek" tools are becoming more and more>cool!!  Palm Pilots and cell phones and such, everyone wants to play with>these things.  I agree, full on geekness is the only solution!>KK>>-----Original Message----->Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 12:52 PM>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L>>>The weight in ounces of the Sunday San Jose Mercury News Classifieds is a>valid measure of economic activity. At one point it was around 24 pages for>IT jobs but it recently has been down to 1-2 pages.>>A few years ago, despite the positive outlook for careers in computer>science, students majoring in computer science was down because of the geek>stigma. The result was a shortage in IT workers. Then came the Internet>bubble and students began jumping onto the computer science bandwagon.>So...>to ensure demand for our services we should discourage student enrollment>in>the computer sciences by playing up the geek, propeller-head thing. :-)>>Got pocket protector?>Steve Orr>>>-----Original Message----->[<A
href="mailto:Witold.Iwaniec_at_atl.bluecross.ca]">mailto:Witold.Iwaniec_at_atl.bluecross.ca]>Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 9:51 AM>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L>>Another sign of the times is that ITI is closing its US schools.>  For those who don't know - it is a computer training school. They started>years>ago as a school in Atlantic Canada offering a 10 month course. Later they>expanded to few Canadian and US cities. Last year they advertised on TV and>radio about 400,000 unfilled positions in e-commerce etc. and>offered-commerce>training. Yesterday I have heard that they are scaling back...>>Witold>>-->Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A
href="http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com>-->Author: Orr, Steve>   INET: sorr_at_rightnow.com>>Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051>San Diego, California
-- Public Internet access / Mailing

Lists>-------------------------------------------------------------------->To
REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message>to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in>the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L>(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may>also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).>>-->Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A href="http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com>-->Author: Kevin Kostyszyn>   INET: kevin_at_dulcian.com>>Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051>San Diego, California
-- Public Internet access / Mailing
REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message>to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in>the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L>(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may>also send the HELP command for other information (like
your FREE download of MSN Explorer at <A href="http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp">http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp--Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A
href="http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com--Author: Mike Killough  INET: mwkillough_at_hotmail.comFat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing
REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail messageto: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and inthe message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You mayalso send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com--
Author: Ruth Gramolini  INET: rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.usFat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing
REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail messageto: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and inthe message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You mayalso send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Aug 06 2001 - 14:00:16 CDT