RE: computer history stories - Now: Age discrimination?

From: Christopher Spence <cspence_at_FuelSpot.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 09:22:44 -0700

Although I am young, I highly agree with your comments. I think a big factor in what makes someone good is not what they have used and how long, but their attitude.
Although there are MANY and MANY people of all ages in this industry, there are only a few who have the attitude that is needed to actually be considered good.

/*
If discrimination exists, it's because kids will work 24 hours a day for next to nothing. Benefits? Well who cares? The boss springs for pizza every Friday!!

Remember why you got into this industry to begin with? 'Cause you thought it was really neat. And if worse came to worse, and you were out on the street for whatever reason, would you be willing to give up a few bucks and work a few extra hours? And what if you got to work with some really cool new product in exchange? I know I would!! Once again it's all about attitude, and if you are able to communicate an enthusiasm for your trade, I think that means more than what it says on the calendar. */

"Do not criticize someone until you walked a mile in their shoes, that way when you criticize them, you are a mile a way and have their shoes."

Christopher R. Spence OCP MCSE MCP A+ RAPTOR CNA Oracle DBA
Phone: (978) 322-5744
Fax: (707) 885-2275

Fuelspot
73 Princeton Street
North, Chelmsford 01863

Author: Christopher Spence
  INET: cspence_at_FuelSpot.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Aug 06 2001 - 11:22:44 CDT