Re: completely off-topic question...

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 10:50:40 -0700

oh, my library is relatively small -- when you add in all technical, fiction, science fiction, mystery, craft books, throw in the knitting magazines I still only have about 7 bookcases.

I keep only books I have loved and want to re-read. Others I either pass on to other people, donate to the library or give to my mom for her temple's book sales. I do however, frequent the public library constantly.

So.... science fiction that I have:
E.E. "Doc" Smith, Lensman and Skylark series

Heinlein -- almost every one, I'm missing some of his juveniles

Marion Zimmer Bradley -- almost every Darkover novel, I want to start collecting her Ghostlight/Witchlight ones

Anne McCaffrey -- all the Pern, and Psi books, I have read everything else, including her non-science fiction fiction

Piers Anthony -- Space Tyrant and Incarnations of Immortality, I gave up reading Xanth after the 10th book in the trilogy

Gordon R Dickson -- every Dorsai book. I don't like his dragon and the George series

Douglas Adams -- all the hitchhiker books, I have a signed copy of the first one as well. yes, I've read everything else

J.K. Rowling (does Harry Potter count as science fiction?) American and British versions, as well as the cassettes of all 4 books (that was my birthday present from my parents last year)

James Schmitz -- the Telzey stories and The Witches of Karres -- if you haven't read that one, go out NOW and do so

Spider Robinson -- I've been collecting them all, I know I have a complete set of the Callahan stories (I have GOT to find that bar someday)

and assorted others, usually one or two by an author, or one style by an author (I like Mercedes Lackey's Diana Tregarde and Oathbound books, not her others)

But I work with someone whose father-in-law has a complete set of the pulp magazines as well as first editions of a lot of the early authors.

THAT library I want in on.

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com