RE: Can I locally partition my primary key constraint index?

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 17:12:02 -0700

Cherie,
I handle it a bit differently.
Here is what I have been using with no problems.  ALTER TABLE DBM.CUST_CATEGORY_TOTALS
   ADD CONSTRAINT CUSTCT_PK PRIMARY KEY

      (
      DIR_PUB_YR,   <----- This is partitioning key for the table partitions
      DIR_NUM,
      CUST_ID,
      ITEM_TYPE_CDE,
      SYSTEM_SOURCE_CDE)

  USING INDEX
   LOCAL
   (
   PARTITION CUST_CT_PK_92 <--- 1992 partition ... and so on..    PCTFREE 5
   INITRANS 2
   MAXTRANS 255
   TABLESPACE CUST_CT_PK_92
   STORAGE