Re: OT -- suggestions to ensure nerdiness in potential IT

From: Yosi Greenfield <yosi_at_comhill.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 11:38:52 -0700

> > 3) What company made the first "Portable" (luggable) computers?
> It was either Kaypro or Osborne. The Ozzy had a little tiny 40-column
> screen and dual 5.25" floppies. The Kaypro had an 80-column screen
> and dual floppies.

I had a compaq 'portable' that was the size of an old, big, not-yet invented 486, but had a monitor embedded in the box. 15 years later, my brother tried to use this computer for something real, and I had to explain to him why I couldn't shlep around this thing, and why it wouldn't do that much for him altogether.

He probably still has it.

Author: Yosi Greenfield
  INET: yosi_at_comhill.com