Re: Need opinion on storage and backup solutions.

From: Sakthi , Raj <rajan_sakthi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 09:38:26 -0700

IMHO ,
HP's XP256 or XP512 is very good alternative . I have been using it for almost 1 and half years and I found it very good. Although , I have to do everything from scratch since HP doesn't have any 'best practices' in it yet ( actually we are the first to purchase it in east coast and I ended up doing a lot of research on it
) Now having finally tuned almost all the issues , I have OLTP with 300 ms response time restriction running on it with > 400 TPM rate along with 500 Gigs plus DW .
It has all the ( Almost ) features of EMC like BCV etc . BUt down side it I think it is little pricy ( Little..? What an understatement !!)
Hope this helps
Cheers ,
RS
--- Richard Ji <rji_at_exenet.com> wrote:
> Hi Fellow DBAs,
>
> My company is thinking about dumping EMC (we have
> everything, symmetrics,
> connectrix, EDM, cellara etc). In your expert
> opinion what's a good alternative
> to go if we really need to replace EMC. Is Hitachi
> storage good? Does Veritas'
> backup solution do the stuff EMC/EDM can? What
> would you pick to replace
> EMC?
>
> Any information is welcome.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
> http://www.orafaq.com
> --
> Author: Richard Ji
> INET: rji_at_exenet.com
>
> Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX:
> (858) 538-5051
> San Diego, California -- Public Internet

> E-Mail message
> to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of
> 'ListGuru') and in
> ORACLE-L
> from). You may
> (like subscribing).