RE: OT -- suggestions to ensure nerdiness in potential IT staff

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 22:50:45 -0700

Has anyone worked on IBM's punch card sorter? And IBM-1401 Mainframe? Talk about un-breakable stuff. The 1401 cabinet had tumbled down 10 steps during its move to the new computer room (we did not have lifts/elevators in the building then). But came to life without any problems when it was hooked up to 1402 and 1403 and those tape units (that you see in the Movies). Was working fine till I left the company in 1983. The sorter was also working great !!

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com