RE: OT -- suggestions to ensure nerdiness in potential IT staff

From: Vergara, Michael (TEM) <mvergara_at_guidant.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 22:49:32 -0700

Hmmm...I had one of those old Compaq's, too. I was a consultant at the time, and my partner had an Osborne. We'd be going from San Diego to Savannah via DFW, and we'd have to strap those two monsters to a set of luggage wheels and haul a** through the airport to make the connection.

You could have fun with that, y'know. You could gut it and install a SBC (Single-board computer) card into the backplane with a 40G disk and you'd have a nice modern machine - well except for the monitor. But I can imagine bringing that into a roomfull of laptops and watching their users smirk until I fired it up and the lights dimmed...

---
Michael P. Vergara              | Don't worry about the world ending today;
Oracle DBA                      | it's already tomorrow in Australia.
Guidant Corporation             |                          - Charles Schulz