RE: OT -- suggestions to ensure nerdiness in potential IT staff

From: Grabowy, Chris <cgrabowy_at_fcg.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 12:41:12 -0700

> What famous character was used to first advertise the IBM PC?

Charlie Chaplin, easy one.

> Was it possible to connect two screens to the original IBM PC? How?

I believe I did one through a Hercules graphics card, but dont quote me.

0

> How would you convert a 1-sided 5 ¼" diskette into a 2-sided one?

Flip the floppy and cut a notch. I actually used scissors. I loved it when they came out with those precise clippers.

> How did the Commodore Pet make use of hard disk drives? Floppy drives?

Never had one, sorry.

> What colour were the Verbatim 5 ¼" diskette pockets?

Was it grey? Was that 3Ms? I remember paying 50 bucks for 10 floppies. I thought it was a great deal!!

> What IBM PS/2 model was listed as having a 2.88M diskette drive?

Sorry, I went with all the generic PCs.

> What version of Windows did OS/2 not support? Why not?
> Did the first macintosh computer come with a handle?
> What is an MWave Windsurfer card?
> Which company could be argued started the certification fad in IT?
> Bonus points: What figurines appear on PC Magazine Vol 1., Issue 1's
cover?
> (I notice PC Magazine has gone back to the thickness it had for issue 1,
vol
> 1... heh heh I wonder what happened).
> Extremely important entertainment bonus question: What cartridges came
with
> the Atari 2600 game system upon initial purchase?

Asteroids, I think.

Author: Grabowy, Chris
  INET: cgrabowy_at_fcg.com