RE: Evaluation questions

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:13:05 -0700

Applications like that need to have the duhveloper spayed/neutered (they should not be allowed to breed!) and then the app should be rewritten.

I lost that particular fight at one job (in any disagreement between me and the programmers, the boss sided with them). Then they DIED on their busiest day of the year.

And blamed me. Apparently I should have been able to stop this from happening (locking and rollback segments filled to capacity of the tablespace) by magic. I KNEW I should have brought the fairy dust that day.

Rachel

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com