RE: Evaluation questions

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 08:59:08 -0700

Gary,

I wish it did. I worked with Q Diagnostics for quite a while, and worked directly with the developer (although calling John Beresniewicz a developer is an understatement, he's brilliant!) on answering that problem.

Neither Q nor anything from Platinum (does that tell you how long ago it was?) was able to find the locking sql with any precision. The answer I got back from both of them was "if you figure out how to do it, PLEASE let us know"

Having said that, Q Diagnostics was indeed bliss... I fixed locks before users complained, was able to model and monitor bad SQL and fix it and had lots of good info directly on the desktop.

Rachel

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com