Re[2]:no create system tbs ?????

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 06:27:04 -0700

Joe,

    I tryed it on a 7.2 test DB a couple of years ago. It complied & promply thereafter crashed. You know, one of those sql to os prompt changes in about a quarter of a second.

Dick Goulet

Author: "JOE TESTA" <JTESTA_at_longaberger.com>
Date:       7/30/2001 9:22 AM

i thought i tried to "drop" the system tablespace before as an experiment and it didnt work, maybe its an 9i feature, i'll have try it later today. :)

Joe
working on IOUG 2002 abstracts

>>> dgoulet_at_vicr.com 07/30/01 10:05AM >>>
No the alter can only work on an existing tablespace. But on a lighter note, from the past, I once had an interviewee who stated that one can "drop and create the system tablespace". Now this is somewhat true as there is no prohibition in Oracle from doing so, but the consequences are (let's just say REAL scary)!!!!!

Dick Goulet

Author: "Sinardy" <sinardyxing_at_bcsis.com>
Date:       7/27/2001 8:20 PM

Hi all,

When I am using dbassist to create "create DB script",

First of the script is for something like: CREATE DATABASE

        ..
        redo bla bla
        datafile
        logfile

;

Second script

ALTER TABLESPACE SYSTEM
DEFAULT STORAGE

.
.
.
.

CREATE TABLESPACE tool

..

CREATE TABLESPACE rbs

My question is in second script, where we create the tablespace call system ?
alter tablespace will not create tablespace, am I right ?

Regards,
Sinardy

Author: Sinardy
  INET: sinardyxing_at_bcsis.com