RE: Data load options

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:09:48 -0700

> From: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com
> Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:25:06 -0700
> Subject: RE: Data load options
>
> I will second Lisa's recommendations.
>
> If you have much data, and/or will be doing this frequently,
> SQL*Loader is your friend. It is very fast.

> amounts of data.
>
> I once worked with a duhveloper who could not be dissuaded from

Why did the duhveloper do this? Was the data load simple, or complex?

The only time I do SQL script inserts is when there is a very small "one time" data file that has to be loaded for some adhoc report, and I'm too lazy to edit a loader ".ctl" file with the positionals knowing that is is "throw away".

For anyone that has never done it: using editor macros, you can put a large amount of duplicate SQLplus "insert into" text into the script in front of the data. You can also use editor macros to put all the quotes/commas if the data is column positioned.

SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUUUUUUUUUUUN AND MADNESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author: Eric D. Pierce
  INET: PierceED_at_csus.edu