RE: Oracle pricing

From: Farnsworth, Dave <DFarnsworth_at_Ashleyfurniture.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:13:40 -0700

They learned about the auditing of licenses from M$.

Dave

Author: "Koivu; Lisa" <lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com>
Date:       7/26/2001 7:47 AM

Has anyone experienced Oracle sales people gouging each other? Seems like they are getting pretty cut throat. I got one quote for $400,000, and a second quote for less than 25% of that, from two different people. WOW. They are beginning to sound like the company I work for - different story from different people.

> Lisa Koivu
> Oracle Database Administrator
> 954-935-4117
>
> The information in the electronic mail message is Cendant confidential and
> may be legally privileged, it is intended solely for the addressee(s)
> access to this internet electronic mail message by anyone else is
> unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
> copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
> reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
> The sender believes that this E-mail and any attachments were free of any
> virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when sent. This message
> and its attachments could have been infected during transmission. By
> reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts
> full responsibility for taking protective and remedial action about
> viruses and other defects. Cendant Corporation or Affiliates are not
> liable for any loss or damage arising in any way from this message or its
> attachments.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=US-ASCII">
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Oracle pricing</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Book Antiqua">Has anyone experienced Oracle sales people
gouging each other?&nbsp; Seems like they are getting pretty cut throat.&nbsp; I
got one quote for $400,000, and a second quote for less than 25% of that, from
two different people.&nbsp; WOW.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; They are beginning to sound
like the company I work for - different story from different people.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Book Antiqua">Lisa Koivu</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Book Antiqua">Oracle Database Administrator</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Tahoma">954-935-4117</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Tahoma">The information in the electronic mail message is
Cendant confidential and may be legally privileged, it is intended solely for
the addressee(s) access to this internet electronic mail message by anyone else
is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Tahoma">The sender believes that this E-mail and any attachments were free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code
when sent. This message and its attachments could have been infected during transmission. By reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient
accepts full responsibility for taking protective and remedial action about viruses and other defects. Cendant Corporation or Affiliates are not liable for
any loss or damage arising in any way from this message or its attachments. </FONT></P>
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

Author: Farnsworth, Dave
  INET: DFarnsworth_at_Ashleyfurniture.com