RE: deletion of data from a large table

From: Thomas, Kevin <Kevin.Thomas_at_calanais.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 03:48:45 -0700

If I remember rightly, deleting rows from the table does NOT free up tablespace. In order to do that you have to trunctate the table (although this of course deletes all data from the table)...I can't for the life of me remember how you adjust the space the table is actually using after doing a delete...(to everyone else) would an analyze work?

Kev.

Author: Rukmini Devi
  INET: rukmini_at_indbrain.com

Author: Thomas, Kevin
  INET: Kevin.Thomas_at_calanais.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jul 26 2001 - 05:48:45 CDT