Re: Help ! ORA-00600 : internal error code

From: Christian Trassens <ctrassens_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 01:49:47 -0700

I enclose a metalink document that I have because of that error. Obsviously it is related with the PGA. However I add sth in contradiction with the note, I've seen a similar problem on 8.1.7. That I've resolved setting the event 10262.

Doc ID: Note:131490.1
big for this port (o/s)"
Type: REFERENCE
 Content Type: TEXT/PLAIN
Creation Date: 04-JAN-2001
Last Revision Date: 25-MAY-2001

Note: For additional ORA-600 related information please read [NOTE:146580.1]

PURPOSE:
  This article discusses the internal error "ORA-600 [733]", what
  it means and possible actions. The information here is only applicable
  to the versions listed and is provided only for guidance.

ERROR:
  ORA-600 [733][a][b][c][d][e]

VERSIONS:
  versions 7.3.X to 8.1.X

  than what is allowed for this port, ORA-00600 [733] is logged.

  Program Global Area (PGA) heap/memory allocation error.

  No data corruption occurs.

ARGUMENTS:
  [733][min_size][comment]

  [min_size]
  The minimum extent size requested, in bytes.

  [comment]
  A comment supplied by the caller.

FUNCTIONALITY:
  MEMORY IMPLEMENATION   IMPACT:
  PROCESS FAILURE
  NON CORRUPTIVE - No corruption to underlying data.

SUGGESTIONS:
  Known issues:
  Bug 553250 when trying to bind > 32K in a PL/SQL table, fixed in 8.1.7 release.
  If receiving this during a query with complex JOIN, for example, consider lowering
  sort_area_size or hash_area_size if
hash_join_enabled = true and rerun the
  query again so the PGA memory requirements aren't as large.

REgards.

Eng. Christian Trassens
Senior DBA
Systems Engineer