RE: Best way to upgrade database/move data

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 22:36:38 -0700

If you want to change the block size at the same time (and not use 9i) then I think a new database build / import will be required.

If you need to speed up the import process then it may help to use BMC's PATROL DB-Import for Oracle.
http://www.bmc.com/dataone/dbimport Note the trial is free but the application is actually a commercial one.

Patrol DB-Import can use SQL Loader in parallel or use OCI loads and may speed your import up (depending on your actual database / schema configurations).

Regards,
Bruce Reardon
(not associated with BMC in any way)

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au