RE: OT, WOW really early

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 06:53:20 -0700

to submit a paper, you just need an idea, a title and an abstract. The abstract needs to be somewhat catchy, the idea should be relevant and something that might interest attendees (anything on version 6, Oracle7 or Oracle8 is not a good idea <G>).

To be accepted (to be excepted would be to be left out or excluded, you can do THAT by not submitting an abstract) -- when you learn the secret please tell me.

I believe that the selection is not blind -- in that the selection committee members know the name of the presenter for the abstracts they read. So speakers who have presented before and gotten good ratings will be most likely to be asked back. But there are always new speakers each year as well. Some people (like Gaja) are in the "you have been accepted, now what are you presenting" category, in that they are KNOWN to be excellent speakers who draw standing room only crowds in the largest rooms.

Rachel

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com