Information about User-defined Locks

From: Jon Walthour <jonw_at_fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:13:40 -0700

Listers:

I had an interesting question today that I cannot find the answer for, but would love to know about.

A developer came to me today and asked how we could find the object that was being locked by a User-defined lock (UL). He works with Oracle Clinical and in one of its "blackbox" procedures, it appears to hang while holding a UL. He would like to know what object it is holding. Now, as far as I know, in v$lock a UL's id1 and id2 do not provide useful information to this end; both parameters are "application dependent." So, where else can I turn?

Jon Walthour Received on Tue Jul 24 2001 - 19:13:40 CDT