RE: Sun cluster vs Veritas cluster

From: Austin, Steve S <steve.s.austin_at_xo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:08:58 -0700

I have
used both and somewhat prefer VCS.  In both systems, we've had problems where the cluster was in an unknown state and any action to change the state was risky to all the services in the cluster.  This is rare for both products.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
Our
Sun support required for us to pay them to certify our stuff before they'd support the implementation.  Don't know if you're subject to this too, but VCS has no such rule.  The tests were interesting, but we could conduct the tests without their involvement.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>Command-line jocks may at first prefer Sun, but I think Veritas is a better bet since it's not as tied to the hardware vendor, and is more likely to be common across Unixes, if you're in a site where you've got more than one Unix vendor's stuff to support, like I am.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
We are
in the process of migrating from Sun cluster to VCS, fyi.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
my

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>Steve

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: KC   [mailto:kchan_at_speednet.com.au]Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 7:51   AMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject: Sun   cluster vs Veritas cluster
  List,

  Just wondering if anyone on the list who had   experience on both Sun clustering and Veritas clustering software share their   experience on both products, strength and weakness or any   comparison??

  KC Received on Tue Jul 24 2001 - 14:08:58 CDT