Re: oracle dba and tuning books

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 18:34:27 -0700

Jon,

don't be sorry -- just go read it.

Tuning: Oracle 8i Performance Tuning 101 by Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha and Kirti Deshpande. Both of this list.
DBA: Oracle 8i DBA Handbook by Kevin Loney and Marlene Theriault.

BUT ... what level are you looking for? Beginner? Advanced? Intermediate? This will help determine what books we recommend.

Rachel

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com