How do I control NEXT parameter in the table....

From: Uday C Basavaraj <udaycb_at_trwasp.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:40:26 -0700

Hi All,
My database report says that for couple of tables (in the same tablespace) The NEXT (storage parameter) is greater than the available space in the tablespace. Actually I have more free space in the tablespace (may be they are not continues). I don't want to add another datafile to the tablespace. By simply reducing the NEXT and PCTINCREASE storage parameter value can I solve this problem? or do I have to recreate the table?. Can anyone tell me how do I resolve this problem by not adding new datafile..

Thanks in advance
Uday