RE: Questions about Oracle World Wide Support

From: Koivu, Lisa <lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 07:37:14 -0700

Chuan,

Without a support contract you better hope that you can get yourself out of every single recovery disaster that can possibly happen.  If your data isn't important, then don't purchase a support contract.  If you know everything there is to know about Oracle, if you don't need anyone at your beck and call to assist you, and you are that confident, don't purchase a support contract.

On the list we may complain about support.  But the bottom line is I would not want to work at a place where they are so cheap they didn't purchase the support contract.

Let me also add that this list is voluntary.  No one has to answer any questions on this list.  The people on this list choose to help each other out.  My point is do NOT assume this list is a substitute for support.

Lisa Koivu
Graceless Candid Yellow Bellied Ninja-ette (and DBA) Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA