RE: Command History in SQL*PLUS

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 06:17:20 -0700

John,
Yes, thanks for pointing that out. The password will be displayed when using 'ied'. I have not found any solution to that, and the way 'ied' works I doubt if there is any workaround. Sorry. The script I mentioned will suppress the password, but I think it will be displayed when recalling previous commands. I do not know if there is anything like 'ied' on Sun or AIX or any other UNIX flavour.

Thanks.

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com