Re: Re[2]: security problem with 8i

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 08:31:34 -0700

I would doubt he's joking. I've had simular experiences....

transferred to another department within the same company. Get a call from my old boss "our dba is out sick, we HAVE to have this done today, this is a highly secured system you have to help and make the changes from this pc"

I go there, cannot log into the database with the username and password he gives me. We call the dba (who was really sick), apologize and ask for the username and password -- same as what I had. Still does not work. I stop, think and say "let me try something"

and log in as system/manager

I do what they ask me to, then take my old boss aside and explain (gently) that he has a security hole in his "highly secured" system that I could drive a truck through.

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com