SQL*Net Connection limits

From: <abugid_at_maxis.net.my>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 08:22:14 -0700

hi gurus,
 Does SQL*net has a limit on concurrent simulataneous access/connection to the the database. I simulated 600 web user accesing the oracle DB thru a PHP script which connects to the data base,fetches the data, and disconnects. From the listener.log, connections is about 7/8 conncetions/sec.

How can I increase the connections#/sec. I noticed that a client program takes longer to connect when the test is being run. A vmstat shows that CPU utilization : users % = 50%,sys 27#,idle 23%. The platform is Compaq Digital AS 400 with 2 CPUs,512 MB Memory, Digital Unix ver4.0d, 8.1.5 RDBMS. Any pointers
Thanks
--azhar

  INET: abugid_at_maxis.net.my

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jul 18 2001 - 10:22:14 CDT