Re:RE: Multiple Listeners

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:56:25 -0700

ED,

    OK, looks like you've got 2 or more servers, each supporting a single DB or are you running parallel server? I'll assume the later since that would make more sense. Therefore, set up each listener to listen for requests on it's hostname and port 1521 which is just about the standard. I'd give each listener a specific name like 'listener_<node_name>' so that you can have everything in one file and use only what is needed. Kinda of like Alan suggested, but with different hostnames. I think he was thinking on multiple listeners on one host, not multiple listeners on multiple hosts.

Dick Goulet

Author: "Edward W. Carr" <ecarr_at_qwest.com>
Date:       7/16/2001 2:45 PM

We are running Veritas Cluster Server and need it to be able to shutdown and startup the databases individually of themselves. We have the ability to run the any of the databases on any of the servers we choose, so I can run them on individual servers or all on the same server... I need to be able to do this!!! So any helpful hints would be appreciated!!! As I am not a D.B.A. I have a BIG learning curve ahead of me ... :)

I have already had excellent help from the following: Alan Aschenbrenner
Charlie Mengler

Thanks Guys!!!

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com