RE: 81714 aborted upgrade and core dumps on NT

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 21:27:12 -0700

Solved.
Time for the update and thanks to all for the replies and help.

To answer a question, we were using older versions of clients (more specifically we are using Microsoft ODBC Driver with a 7.3.4 client and on separate PCs Forms 4.5) but it turns out the problem is not related to this.

Instead, we were running into bug 1353943 with description "ORA-7445 [FEAD06D0]WHEN PARAMETER SERIAL_REUSE =ALL DURING PL/SQL EXECUTION " Note that bug 1353943 also seems to effect you when you are using serial_reuse=SELECT.

Now on NT you do not see the ora-7445 in the alert log. Instead you get a core dump produced (and under 81714 / NT4 the core_dump_dest does work for us) and you can get a stack trace from that showing which Oracle functions were called.

Thanks,
Bruce Reardon

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au