RE: get rid of carriage return in vi

From: Kevin Lange <kgel_at_ppoone.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 07:34:39 -0700

I will give you one more simple one. There is a command called dos2unix. It takes 2 parameters; a starting file and an ending file. And the file names can be the same. So, if you have a single file called "Transfered.dat" which has the ^M characters in it run

        dos2unix Transfered.dat Transfered.dat

If you have multiple files you can always use the find command to run it on each of them. Lets say you have transfered 1000 .dat files over and you need to clean them all up:

        find . -name "*.dat" -exec dos2unix {} {} ;\

This will find all the *.dat files in the current directory then run the dos2unix command on each.

Author: Sairlao, Chark
  INET: SairlaoC_at_transfield.com.au

  INET: John.Dailey_at_ing-fsi-na.com

Author: Kevin Lange
  INET: kgel_at_ppoone.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jul 12 2001 - 09:34:39 CDT