Re: URGENT ORA-03113

From: Richard Ji <rji_at_exenet.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 07:06:40 -0700

On Solaris 8 do "isainfo -v" if it's 64bit it will return the following:

64-bit sparcv9 applications
32-bit sparc applications

For Oracle, if you go into sqlplus I believe it will say 64 bit as part of the startup message if you have 64 bit Oracle installed.

I have Oracle8.1.7 EE on Solaris8. Do you have both 8.1.5 and 8.1.7 installed on that machine or just 8.1.7?

Richard Ji

>>> lannyue_at_yahoo.com 07/12/01 06:45AM >>>

 Hi ALL:
Anybody has any luck to install oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris 8. I installed 8.1.5 on same OS without any problem. When I run dbassist , I got ORA-03113 error message. Actually It happened when you execute the command: startup nomount pfile="/u01/app/oracle/admin/DEV/pfile/initDEV.ora" I checked previous messages. Someone suggested to reduce the size of kernel SHMM (I don't remember). I just follow the recommanded parameters to modify /etc/system. I have no idea how large I should set the sizes of the parameters. How can I check the bits of OS or ORACLE like (64 bits or 32 bits). IT IS URGENT. I really appreciate your help. I have to get it done ASAP. It is 4:45am (US CT). I was almost sleepless. Thank you so much.
H.L.

Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35 a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
Author: Richard Ji