Re: Rename alert log

From: <tpall_at_kc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:21:25 -0700

I don't know if anyone mentioned Solaris. Running Sun/Sparc Solaris 6&7 and Oracle 8.1.7.1. A cron job filed shell script does a cp only, no touch, then mails the old log to the DBAs. It works the same way as it did a month or two ago when we went from 8.0.5 to 8.1.7: next time Oracle needs to write something, it creates a new file.