RE: can i place online redologs with oracle engine ?

From: Miller, Jay <JayMiller_at_tdwaterhouse.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:52:52 -0700

Hi,

That's exactly what we did when we moved to a new box and got to design the disk layout however we liked.
Getting the redo logs to not be striped with the datafiles enabled us to more than double transaction load in load testing (to such an extent that I started getting Checkpoint Not Complete errors and had to increase the log file size).

Jay Miller

Author: Rahul
  INET: rahul_at_ratelindo.co.id

Author: Miller, Jay