RE: How set Date format Globally

From: INF/MEKKAOUI <nmekkaoui_at_lth.sonatrach.dz>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 07:35:46 -0700

oh yes but if in a client the parameter NLS_DATE_FORMAT is set to another format , the generic format set in init.ora is not taken.

Best Regards,
Nabila Mekkaoui
DBA Oracle

De : Vladimir Begun [mailto:jester_at_whale.sunbay.crimea.ua] Envoyé : mercredi 11 juillet 2001 09:56
À : Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Objet : Re: How set Date format Globally

On Jul 11, 2001 at 12:35:21AM, Rangachari Sundar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a requirement. Everytime when i make a session to the database i
want the
> Date Format to beas follows
>
> 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mi:ss'
>
> The existing default format is 'dd-mon-yyyy' and so I tried the following
steps.

> ALTER SESSION set NLS_DATE_FORMAT='yyyy-mm-dd hh:mi:ss' and put that in
the
> login.sql it worked fine for my every client session.
>
> How can I set it globally so that everytime when I make a session to
database
> from any client It should be 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mi:ss'.

Set NLS_DATE_FORMAT in init.ora

Would be cool to use dbms_session.set_nls in your logon trigger but it does not work correctly. See bug 1574885, if it's published already. (it was not). Search over metalink for examples.

--
Vladimir Begun               | There's a lesson here.  Generalizations are
http://vbegun.net/           | generally useless unless used.
Author: Vladimir Begun
  INET: jester_at_whale.sunbay.crimea.ua

Author: INF/MEKKAOUI