RE: UNIX

From: Fisher, Julie <jfishe_at_sandia.gov>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:35:25 -0700

Shoot, had to look up pedantic...

Ok, I agree that df looks at /etc/mnttab to see mounted file systems, but in order for an SA to mount a slice of a disk, that slice information must be present in /etc/vfstab. At least that's the way I learned. It's possible to have a mounted file system without having an entry in /etc/vfstab?? How do you do that? I guess I've never heard of this or tried to mount a slice without putting an entry in /etc/vfstab first. Can you manually manipulate /etc/mnttab?

Thanks,

Julie

Julie Fisher
Sandia National Laboratories
Oracle 8i DBA - OCP8i
Solaris 2.6,7/HP-UX 11.0 System Administrator Web Server Administrator

Author: George Schlossnagle
  INET: george_at_omniti.com

Author: Fisher, Julie
  INET: jfishe_at_sandia.gov