RE: gzip does not want to work with files > 2G

From: Richard Ji <rji_at_exenet.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:24:05 -0700

I also uses gzip 1.3 on Solaris 8 (1999-12-21 build). The one that comes with Solaris 8 was 1.2.24 or something
which doesn't support file >2G. Did you get rid of the old gzip 1.2.24? Make sure it's using the new one that you installed not the old version.

>>> Alex.Hillman_at_usmint.treas.gov 07/10/01 10:05AM >>> I use version 1.3 for Solaris 5.8 - it is the same version that is on www.sunfreeware.com What version do you use and for which version on Solaris?

Alex Hillman

Author: Hillman, Alex
  INET: Alex.Hillman_at_usmint.treas.gov

Author: Richard Ji
  INET: rji_at_exenet.com

Author: Hillman, Alex
  INET: Alex.Hillman_at_usmint.treas.gov

Author: Richard Ji
  INET: rji_at_exenet.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jul 10 2001 - 12:24:05 CDT