RE: O9i Licensing

From: Weaver, Walt <wweaver_at_rightnow.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 07:58:28 -0700

Well, if you're lucky enough to use the Enterprise Edition you'll be saving money. We use the Standard Edition, and at this time it looks like it's going to cost us quite a bit more, actually, for a per-processor license.

So, we're currently in delicate negotiations with our Oracle rep and various resellers to see what kind of deal we can get. Fortunately we can still buy licenses through the old "power unit" scheme through the end of July. Since we're opening up a new hosting data center in New Jersey next month we're gonna scarf up as many licenses as we can afford.

So, Larry, I got something you can smell right here. :>)

--Walt Weaver

  Bozeman, Montana

Author: Weaver, Walt
  INET: wweaver_at_rightnow.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jul 10 2001 - 09:58:28 CDT