Re: Corrupt block in DBVERIFY

From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 11:37:54 -0700

Besides there must be some trace file indication in alertSID.log for such index corruption. If you see that trace file you will find object_id and on the basis of that you can check it from dba_objects...save definition of index,drop it and recreate it. Recompile all other objects became invalid due index drop.....

Regards
Rafiq

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 10:41:45 -0800

I think you can run an "analyze index validate structure" on all the indexes in the tablespace associated with that datafile. Once you identify the corrupted index(es), you can drop/recreate them.

Jim

> I have a corrupt block according to DBVERIFY. The block is on an index
so
> can rebuild it but I don't know how to find the object with the
information
> displayed in DBVERIFY. Can anyone tell me how to find the object?
>
> Thanks!
> Ron

> Author: Smith, Ron L.
> INET: rlsmith_at_kmg.com

Jim Hawkins
Lead SAPR/3 Oracle Database Administrator
MEMC Electronic Materials, Inc.
600 Pearl Drive
St. Louis, MO  633376
9636) 474-7832