RE: SQL*LOADER Questions

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 09:40:06 -0700

Ron,

If it were me, I would use Sql*Loader to load the data into a "loading" db tables, and then use a PL/SQL script to read that table and process the records into wherever it is needed. You can certainly guarantee that the data will be read in the correct order (by the PL/SQL script) by creating additional columns in this loading table, and load the data/time, or a sequence number.

this seems to be the easiest way to do this.

hope this helps.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Smith, Ron L.
  INET: rlsmith_at_kmg.com

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jul 09 2001 - 11:40:06 CDT