Is this data skewed?

From: <Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 05:40:37 -0700

Coincidentally, I've been looking at some data in our help desk database. I'm considering a creation_date column in the table which holds open and closed cases as a possible candidate for a histogram. Cases seem to come in at a fairly even rate. We open something like 5,000 to 10,000 per month for the last year or so. About as many cases are opened any day of the month (about 500 per day) except for weekends and holidays when 0 cases are opened.

My question is this: In general, this data appears to be fairly well-distributed. However, does the fact that for each Saturday and Sunday there are zero rows mean that this data is skewed? Might this column be a good candidate for a histogram?

Thanks,

Cherie Machler
Oracle DBA
Gelco Information Network

  INET: Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jul 09 2001 - 07:40:37 CDT